- General services
- Location scouting
- Crew offices
- Casting Room
- Sala Paolo Tenna
- FCTP Green Set
- FILM FUNDS
- Piemonte Film Tv Fund
- Piemonte Film Tv Development Fund
- Piemonte Doc Film Fund
- Short Film Fund
The announcement of the first 2023 session of the Piemonte Film Tv Fund, which provides non-refundable grants to support production companies operating in the audiovisual, cinematographic and television industry, is now online on the Regione Piemonte website.
Applications can be submitted from 2 May to 6 June 2023.
The call – which aims to encourage the attraction and increase of investments suitable for developing related industries and employment in Piedmont – was launched in 2018 as part of the FESR programme 2014-2020, and was proposed again for the 2021-2027 Regional Program, which goes from an allocation of 1.5 per year to the allocation of 4 million per year and also opens up to animation cinema.
This first session of the year 2023 will be able to count on resources equal to 2,500,000 euros and applications can be submitted from 9 am on 2 May until 12 noon on 6 June.
For more information, regulations and call see on the website of the Regione Piemonte here and here.
The eligible projects – which must be completed within 18 months for fiction (30 months for animation) – must concern direct investments in the production of audiovisual works belonging to the following categories:
- fiction feature films, with main cinematographic exploitation;
- animated feature films with a minimum duration of 52 minutes, with main cinematographic exploitation;
- single fiction works on television and the web, intended primarily for television broadcasting, including SVOD;
- single television and web animation works with a minimum duration of 24 minutes, intended mainly for television broadcasting, including SVOD;
- fiction projects for television and web series, intended mainly for television broadcasting, including SVOD;
- television and web series animation works with a minimum duration of 24 minutes, intended mainly for television broadcasting, also SVOD.
Companies that apply by the deadline will have the opportunity to access grant for a maximum amount of:
- Euro 150,000.00 for single television and web animation projects;
- Euro 300,000.00 euros for fiction feature films and single fiction projects for television and web;
- Euro 400,000.00 for animated feature films, series, television and web animation works and serial, television and web fiction works.
The amount of the contribution is defined by applying the following percentages referring to the following costs incurred in Piedmont:
a) 70% of the eligible costs relating to employees residing in Piemonte falling within the professional figures referred to in the CCNL "G111 – Audiovisual", "G121-Troupes", "G131-Generici";
b) 40% of the eligible costs relating to employees residing in Piemonte not covered by the CCNL referred to in the previous point;
c) 40% of the eligible costs relating to the professionals in the film industry with a VAT number resident in Piemonte;
d) 40% of the eligible costs relating to suppliers of goods and services, with registered or operational headquarters in Piemonte.
With the previous Piemonte Film Tv Fund calls, a total of 35 projects were financed, realized in whole or in part in Piemonte and with the support of Film Commission Torino Piemonte (see here).
In the face of non-refundable contributions of 5.5 million euros, there was an impact in terms of expenditure of production in the Piedmontese territory of more than 25 million euros, with a return equal to 4.5 times the investment made.